Virtual Desktop Study
The Objective of the Study
Our client wanted to gauge the expert’s opinion on “virtual desktop solution or desktop as a service” for different industry verticals. The total sample size being 16 was further segmented into two different sub-categories - 8 from Cloud and 8 from Hybrid/Prem approaches falling under the following industries: Private education, financial services, IT/technology (hardware/software and managed services), healthcare, hospitality/travel, manufacturing, retail, telecommunication industries.
Key Screening Points
To be able to qualify for the final discussion, the expert had to qualify under the following criteria’s:
- The expert from the IT/technology (hardware/software and managed services) industry should provide at least any of the following services or solutions to their clients/customers:
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- PaaS (Platform as a Service)
- SaaS (Software as a Service)
- The expert should have participated in the evaluation of a virtual desktop solution or desktop as a service for their respective company.
- The expert should personally participate in demos with providers of this virtual desktop solution.
- The expert should strictly fall under the IT department or functional group at work in order to participate in the research study.
- The total employee size of the organization should fall under the bracket of 200 -5000 employees globally.
- The company should have already made the final call to purchase a new solution or have narrowed their options to 1-2 providers and are close to a final decision.